Immigrant families are under attack. Here in New Jersey, deportations are up 30% since Trump took office. And things will only get worse if Congress approves the 2018 budget that sets aside $4.5 billion to detain and deport even more immigrants, hire thousands of additional ICE agents, make tens of thousands of new beds in private detention facilities, and build a wall between the U.S. and Mexico.
That's why this August Recess, we are drawing a line in the sand to demand #Not1Dollar for the Frelinghuysen Deportation Budget. Please join Make the Road New Jersey, Wind of the Spirit, NJ-11th for Change and more than a dozen organizations from New Jersey and across the country August 14-18 in Morristown, NJ for a non-stop week of action to Block the Deportation budget. It's time to #DefundHate.
Week of Action to Block the Deportation Budget
- Monday August 14th: 11am Kickoff Rally to Block the Deportation Budget with Wind of the Spirit and dozens of immigrant rights organizations.
- Tuesday August 15th: 11am: community canvass to engage NJ-11 voters // 4pm: DACA anniversary action: Save DACA, #Not1Dollar for Deportation
- Wednesday August 16th: 11am: Backers of Hate - we will take our fight to JP Morgan Chase Bank, a key financier of the deportation machine
- Thursday August 17th: 11am: Building the People's Budget - Report Release
- Friday August 18th: 11am: Friday without Frelinghuysen rally
**Overnight Vigils held nightly at 7pm from Monday 14th through Thursday 17th**
30 Schuyler Pl
Morristown, NJ 07960
Google map and directions